January 17, 2008

Lady in Red

(Posting early...)

When I was working on my illustration of Light Spinner, I decided to draw up her eventual alter ego as well. I finally got around to coloring it, so here's Shadow Weaver:

click above for larger view

I'm happy with the pose on this one, except for the obscured Horde logo on her belt. I had a bit of difficulty coloring it--for some reason monochromatic red color schemes are something I have difficulty with, and I ended up making a lot of adjustments. The minor changes I made to her costume draw influence from Maleficent and Morticia Addams.

Also posted on the He-Man.org fan-art forums. My post is here, the entire thread (including some of my previous sketches) is here.

2 comments:

Don Chente said...

Lookin' good buddy! I like her costume, and i'm diggin' the "Robe-olds!" Too bad she's an evil horde mistress, we could've been something special.

J.Ho said...

its not too late! maybe she'll change for you!