August 20, 2008

Bonus Post: Obsessive Dork Wastes Time

I've been seeing a lot of anime/manga-esque avatars on the internets recently, and Jodi kindly informed me that they were generated at FaceYourManga.com.

I made an avatar that resembled me fairly well, but felt the need to waste further time by customizing it even more. A few quick google image searches, some cheap Photoshop tricks, and voila:
Still feeling that time needed to be wasted, I slapped together a quick diagram showing the base elements I used to mod my avatar, and pointing out some of the smaller cosmetic changes I made:

click above for larger view

As a bonus, here's an avatar I created a few months ago, through the Photobucket/Meez website:


This is basically exactly how I spend my weekends--chillin' out during a nuclear holocaust, with a dragon hatchling on my shoulder, a ray gun in hand, and a devil-may-care grin on my face. Basically.

What's wrong with me?

(That's a rhetorical question.)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Awesome! Dorks unite! Since I lack the might Photoshop skillz, Ren customized mine, complete with hamtaro hat!

Anonymous said...

Ha. That's my problem with those things. They don't look real enough I'd rather draw my own. But now they are EVERYWHERE. And I'm starting to get annoyed. Yours is the best tho. ;)

Hellinjay said...

You blew off a chance to buy houseplants, toy dinosaurs, and IKEA wares with me for THIS?!?!??!

OH.
MY.
GOD.

I concede though- it DOES look pretty badass...