May 12, 2009

Fascinating.

Let it never be said that I can't admit when I'm wrong. And yes, that was a double negative.

A year ago, if you had asked me about the-then-upcoming Star Trek movie, I would have said, "Why bother? End the franchise, it's over." Star Trek had been dying slowly for years, and I was not a fan of Alias or Lost, and therefore not a fan of J.J. Abrams.

Well, I watched Star Trek over the weekend--it was good, and the franchise is back. Not only was I wrong, I'm glad that I was wrong. Mr. Abrams you now have not only critical and financial success, but also the respect of this nerd. I'm sure that must mean the world to you.

Here's Spock:

click above for larger view

I may have enjoyed the new movie, but just to be clear, this is Leonard, not Zachary. Or Spock Prime as they're now calling him.