June 30, 2009

Way Past Random

While I was sketching over the weekend, I had the Sonic Underground DVDs playing in he background (yes, my life is ridiculous). An episode came up with a cool-looking robotic hair-dresser named Do-Bot, so I decided to make a quick sketch of her. The sketch turned out okay, so I quickly colored her with some color pencils. And here she is:


I adjusted the scan so that the colors match the physical piece and added type--other than those small changes, I'm giving this one to you warts and all. Typically I'm overly-focused on over-producing slick artwork, but every now and then I get some artsy notion that it's cool and "raw" to show off the gritty details of reality, like the gibberish on the scratch paper that I drew on.

Lately I've been feeling the need for a more tactile sensation while producing my sketches, so maybe we'll see some more quick and dirty traditional media in the near future? There's no way to know for sure... I'm a wild card these days.

No comments: