December 02, 2011

Help The Cheerleader Commissions, Round 21: FINAL ROUND!

Today I am presenting the twenty-first and final round of commissions that I've finished for Help the Cheerleader. To read more about my involvement with this fundraiser, please CLICK HERE and HERE

Here are the final 5 sketches for the honor system donors:

click above for larger view

From left to right:
This blog is like... 98.73% goofiness, but I want to seriously talk about all this for just a minute.

The Help The Cheerleader fundraiser was a success, and I'm proud to have been able to contribute something. Moreover, I want to thank every person who gave to the cause and/or helped spread the word.

I've never gotten into discussing the details of this case, because while I have done my best to stay informed, I can't profess to be an expert. However, it does not take an expert to understand that sexual violence is prevalent in the world we live in. The statistics will leave you at a loss for words. We live in a culture that often turns a blind eye to these horrific acts, and even worse, will often persecute the victims of these acts, preying on their already compromised sense of stability, safety, and self-worth.

Be informed, be compassionate, and if you are able to (I know it's tough with the economy), please donate time and/or money (within your means) to a charity that you trust and believe in.

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments: