November 18, 2008

Don't Be Such A Crab (part 2 of 2)

As promised in my last post, here's the toy version of Clawful, probably considered to be the standard version by most:
click above for larger view

It always struck me as odd that the Clawful action figure looked like a tan guy in a crab costume, so I colored Clawful's flesh like crab meat. Corny, yes, but I think it works. His bewitched, flaming green mace is a nod to the action figure's neon green weapon. The drawing itself is nothing to write home about... on the other hand, I'm very satisfied with how the colors came out.

Also posted on the He-Man.org fan-art forums. My post is here, the entire thread (including some of my previous sketches) is here.

1 comment:

Mark W. Hale said...

Oh, god, he WAS tan! That also gave me pause as a child.