December 29, 2011

Leftover Commissions! The Bat and the Breaker... and the repeats.

(Oh hey, I was supposed to start posting twice a week, wasn't I? My holiday schedule has been a little crazy. To make it up to you, I'm posting a little extra today. ALSO, make sure you tune in on New Year's day for another post and an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.)

So, here's the part of the Help The Cheerleader commissions that I haven't really talked about yet... in addition to the 108 commissions that I completed and delivered, a lot of people who requested commissions never answered my follow-up emails. Which is no big deal. But as it turns out, I still drew a lot of those commissions while I was waiting to hear back from people. In fact I finished like 30 of them.

._.

The lesson here, kids, is never work on the project until you've heard back from the client/donor! Anyways, no harm no foul. I'll be posting the leftover commissions over the next several weeks (possibly months), and at some point I will probably be selling them off. Stay tuned for details! For now:

click above for larger view

From left to right:

ALSO… did I mention that within the leftover commissions, there were a few repeats?

click above for larger view

From left to right:
  • Batman
  • Batman
  • Batman
  • Batman
The Batman sketch that was paired with Bane was the last of the 5 Batmans in this post. The 4 Batman sketches directly above are shown in the order that I drew them, from left to right. The general way I drew Batman (and in fact, all of the commissions), is patterned after a Batman that I drew earlier in the year. Y'KNOW, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THAT SORTA THING.

That's all for now. Please do tune in on New Year's day for another post and the aforementioned IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

No comments: