April 17, 2007

Evil, I've come to tell you that she's evil, most definitely...

It's Evil-Lyn, Skeletor's most competent lieutenant. And the only skirt who lives in Snake Mountain. Jury's out on whether or not she and Skeletor have a thang going on.

click above for larger view

I confess, I am not crazy about how this one turned out. The colors are alright, but the pose is awfully awkward. I actually did a lot of futzing with this in Photoshop, adjusting the position of her arms and literally rearranging her face. The result is better than what I started with, but nothing to write home about. In the plus column, I do think I did a decent job of giving her distinct facial features while keeping her attractive, yet evil-looking.

This was also posted on the He-Man.org fan-art forums. My post is here, the entire thread (including some of my previous sketches) is here.

Pencil-Ninja happened to be having an 80's cartoon Art Jam over at Deviant Art so I submitted this to him as well. Check out the other entries here.

Fun Fact: Evil-Lyn has white hair--this was first revealed in the episode "Witch and the Warrior."

2 comments:

Atomic Swan Serials and If - E - Zine said...

Te detail, shading and highlights on the orb/sphere/sceptre is simply amazing. The things really pops of the page and looks relatively 3-D, with the heavy lines, the swirl of the orb and the highlight 'light flare' effect.

The rest of the drawing doesn't have this so much. She's really flat (despite her curvy/voluptuous form).


Colors are decent, tho they seem overly simple (but then, what cartoon in the 80s didnt suffer from this at some point?).

Her face has an Uma-Thurman-from-pulp-fiction-aka-mia-wallace sort of vampish look. Works pretty well for a villian/vamp/femme fatale. It makes me wonder how she would be depicted in teh actual pulp era of American lit.


Maybe like this?

J.Ho said...

really, you like the orb? if i recall correctly, that was mostly haphazard scribbles! LOL... oh well.

i'm glad the face works for you even if you found the rest of it to be a bit bland... as for your pulp he-man cover... genius!