October 24, 2008

Monsters of Breakfast (3 of 5): Ghost of a Chance

The Subject: General Mills cereal monsters.

The Twist: Drawing them in the style of Capcom's fighting game franchise, Darkstalkers.

In terms of recognizability, today's subject probably falls on the median--surely many of you must be accquainted with Boo Berry. In terms of back-story, I imagine Boo Berry was a jazz singer (something of a dandy) from New Orleans, who got involved with some criminals and was killed. His ghost can be seen haunting the New Orleans night, singing mournful jazz ballads, and battling supernatural creatures with his powerful super moves and combos. I'm not sure where the blueberries enter into the equation.

click above for larger view

I'm unsatisfied with how Boo Berry's ghostly aura turned out... it doesn't really read.

Is anyone sick of my punny non-sequitur titles? I know I am, but I've set a precedent, so my hands are tied.

1 comment:

David Lee Ingersoll said...

Well, that's an unexpected interpretation. Nice work.